Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Use XML to read/write a counter variable

Use XML to read/write a counter variable

gce

Hi,

I am an old vb6 programmer and new to ASP.NET. Please help me on the way.

How can I read/write a variable to a server-file. (maybe XML?) Have to use a
lock function too i think.

Thanks,
Gert

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

You really wouldn't want to use an xml file if multiple users
are going to be updating the same file. You don't want
each http request having to wait until a previous lock is
released.

--
2005 Microsoft MVP C#
Robbe Morris

"gce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d1bbef$fd8$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I am an old vb6 programmer and new to ASP.NET. Please help me on the way.
>
> How can I read/write a variable to a server-file. (maybe XML?) Have to use
> a lock function too i think.
>
> Thanks,
> Gert

gce

Wat is the best way to do the trick without XML?
"Robbe Morris [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...