Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Datalist with one entry only - alternative?

Datalist with one entry only - alternative?

Daves

when viewing a single entry from database (title, text, image, link) isn't
it a little bit too much to use a Datalist control to databind? Is there
some other control for a single entry only?

Brock Allen

In ASP.NET 2.0 there's both the DetailsView and FormView. If you're on ASP.NET
1.x then you'll have to code this yourself.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> when viewing a single entry from database (title, text, image, link)
> isn't it a little bit too much to use a Datalist control to databind?
> Is there some other control for a single entry only?

Daves

thx but the DetailsView seems to only allow a very basic view (field name on
left, field value on right), not quite what I'd want to view my blog
entry...

"Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)_hate_spam_too> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In ASP.NET 2.0 there's both the DetailsView and FormView. If you're on
> ASP.NET 1.x then you'll have to code this yourself.
>
> -Brock
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>

>> when viewing a single entry from database (title, text, image, link)
>> isn't it a little bit too much to use a Datalist control to databind?
>> Is there some other control for a single entry only?

Brock Allen

Sure, but that's why the FormView exists -- use the template to make it look
exactly the way you want.