Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarks Location Question

Bookmarks Location Question

laplace@transforms.com

Can anyone tell me where the Bookmarks.html is located?

I did a search and found one on the C: drive. But when I try to
replace that small one with an old one that has a lot of information I
need, the small one is still there when I open Mozilla.

Thanks,

EE

Leonidas Jones

> Can anyone tell me where the Bookmarks.html is located?
>
> I did a search and found one on the C: drive. But when I try to
> replace that small one with an old one that has a lot of information I
> need, the small one is still there when I open Mozilla.
>
> Thanks,
>
> EE

The path varies by OS. What do you use?

Lee

laplace@transforms.com

I use Win XP operating system.

EE

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:43:52 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where the Bookmarks.html is located?
>
>I did a search and found one on the C: drive. But when I try to
>replace that small one with an old one that has a lot of information I
>need, the small one is still there when I open Mozilla.
>
>Thanks,
>
>EE

Leonidas Jones

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I use Win XP operating system.
>
> EE
>
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:43:52 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me where the Bookmarks.html is located?
>>
>>I did a search and found one on the C: drive. But when I try to
>>replace that small one with an old one that has a lot of information I
>>need, the small one is still there when I open Mozilla.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>EE

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\b ookmarks.html

Note that Application Data is a hidden folder, so set XP to show hidden
files and folders, and that the x's in the slt folder are actually a
random string.

Lee

:: BRIAN ::

(On 11/29/2004 8:44 AM) Leonidas Jones wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I use Win XP operating system.
>>
>> EE
>>
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:43:52 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>> Can anyone tell me where the Bookmarks.html is located?
>>>
>>> I did a search and found one on the C: drive. But when I try to
>>> replace that small one with an old one that has a lot of information I
>>> need, the small one is still there when I open Mozilla.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> EE

> C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\b ookmarks.html
>
> Note that Application Data is a hidden folder, so set XP to show hidden
> files and folders, and that the x's in the slt folder are actually a
> random string.

Or %appdata%\Mozilla\Profiles\(profilename\xxxxxxxx.s lt\bookmarks.html

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm