Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null...

Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null...

Dinšer

Hello,

I am trying to call a simple web service from .net environment. The service
gets an array parameter. When I run it, it becomes the error:

Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null. Parameter
name: bytes

I am sure that my array is not null. Besides, its name isn't "bytes".

What is wrong with it?

Regards..

Scott Allen

Have you tried using the debugger to step through the code and see
where the exception occurs? Did the error message include a stack
trace with line numbers? Something is null when it shouldn't be,
you'll have to find it.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:28:04 +0200, "Dinšer" <dincer"AT"o2.pl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to call a simple web service from .net environment. The service
>gets an array parameter. When I run it, it becomes the error:
>
>Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null. Parameter
>name: bytes
>
>I am sure that my array is not null. Besides, its name isn't "bytes".
>
>What is wrong with it?
>
>Regards..

Dinšer

I can't do it, because I get the error in the production environment. It
works fine on test environment...

"Scott Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you tried using the debugger to step through the code and see
> where the exception occurs? Did the error message include a stack
> trace with line numbers? Something is null when it shouldn't be,
> you'll have to find it.
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
>
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:28:04 +0200, "Dinšer" <dincer"AT"o2.pl> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am trying to call a simple web service from .net environment. The

service
> >gets an array parameter. When I run it, it becomes the error:
> >
> >Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null. Parameter
> >name: bytes
> >
> >I am sure that my array is not null. Besides, its name isn't "bytes".
> >
> >What is wrong with it?
> >
> >Regards..

Scott Allen

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:44:49 +0200, "Dinšer" <dincer"AT"o2.pl> wrote:

>I can't do it, because I get the error in the production environment. It
>works fine on test environment...

Try to build with debugging information included and get a stack trace
with line numbers. Or try putting some trace statements inside. A
little more information makes tracking down the source of the
information easier. Once you have some information you can review the
code and see what could be going wrong.

http://odetocode.com/Blogs/scott/arc...01/24/963.aspx