Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Merging mail folders

Merging mail folders

Tony Raven

Due to a PSU fault my laptop has been away for repair and I've been
using a temporary computer while its away. When the laptop comes back I
would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary computer
and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy way to do this?

Tony

Leonidas Jones

Tony Raven wrote:
> Due to a PSU fault my laptop has been away for repair and I've been
> using a temporary computer while its away. When the laptop comes back I
> would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary computer
> and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Tony

It can certainly be done. Copy the Inbox (no extension) file in your
temp computer's profile. Rename it to Newbox. Paste it in to the
account folder on your laptop's profile folder when its resurrected.
You will then see a new folder called Newbox for that account. Refile
the mail as you need to.

This is the short version. If its not clear enough, repost when you
have both computers available and running, and I'll be more precise.

Lee

Tony Raven

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> Due to a PSU fault my laptop has been away for repair and I've been
>> using a temporary computer while its away. When the laptop comes back
>> I would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary
>> computer and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy
>> way to do this?
>>
>> Tony

> It can certainly be done. Copy the Inbox (no extension) file in your
> temp computer's profile. Rename it to Newbox. Paste it in to the
> account folder on your laptop's profile folder when its resurrected. You
> will then see a new folder called Newbox for that account. Refile the
> mail as you need to.
>
> This is the short version. If its not clear enough, repost when you
> have both computers available and running, and I'll be more precise.
>
> Lee

Thanks, doing the rebuild this weekend and will give it a try. Seems
simple enough

Tony