Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DropDownList not getting SelectedValue from browser

DropDownList not getting SelectedValue from browser

Schultz

When using DropDownLists in ASP.NET VB 03 on Windows Server 2003 (IE 6)
the selected values for Databound dropDowns is always the first item in
the list, even after changing the selected item before submitting the
form to do its requested action. The html source does not say that it
is selected, and the binding code does not tell it to change the
selected value. how do I fix this problem?

Karl Seguin

Shultz:
Check out if this helps:
http://openmymind.net/FAQ.aspx?documentId=2

Basically you need to wrap you DataBinding code in an if Not Page.IsPostBack
then...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
come!)

"Schultz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When using DropDownLists in ASP.NET VB 03 on Windows Server 2003 (IE 6)
> the selected values for Databound dropDowns is always the first item in
> the list, even after changing the selected item before submitting the
> form to do its requested action. The html source does not say that it
> is selected, and the binding code does not tell it to change the
> selected value. how do I fix this problem?

JV

I have this same problem. I'm using VS.NET 2003 on XP.

I've been doing CSharp code since Beta 2 of first VS.NET, so I'm pretty
sure I've checked all the basics.

"Schultz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When using DropDownLists in ASP.NET VB 03 on Windows Server 2003 (IE 6)
> the selected values for Databound dropDowns is always the first item in
> the list, even after changing the selected item before submitting the
> form to do its requested action. The html source does not say that it
> is selected, and the binding code does not tell it to change the
> selected value. how do I fix this problem?

Corey

Same Problem.
It's never being run at all.

news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...