Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox/Outlook Express Problem

Firefox/Outlook Express Problem

CNDA

Hi folks,

In a previous post I mentioned that I had installed Thunderbird as my
mail handling application replacing Outlook Express(OE). Well, I didn't
like it since I could not incorporate my Hotmail account. I uninstalled
Thunderbird and returned to OE. Now I can't reach OE from the Firefox
(FF) toolbar. I have tried everything other than re-installing FF. Other
than that, I think I won't go back to Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

CÚsar.

Leonidas Jones

CNDA wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> In a previous post I mentioned that I had installed Thunderbird as my
> mail handling application replacing Outlook Express(OE). Well, I didn't
> like it since I could not incorporate my Hotmail account. I uninstalled
> Thunderbird and returned to OE. Now I can't reach OE from the Firefox
> (FF) toolbar. I have tried everything other than re-installing FF. Other
> than that, I think I won't go back to Internet Explorer.
>

> Thanks,
>
> CÚsar.

First of all, there are several apps that will set up a proxy allowing
you to access Hotmail in Thunderbird. MrPostman from Sourceforge comes
to mind, though I believe there are others.

If you are going back to OE, make sure that OE is registered as your
defaul mail client. I suspect that when you ununstalled TB, you may
never heve set a new default.

Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs.

Ensure that OE is set as default mail client.

Lee

CNDA

Thanks Leonidas,

I attempted what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I think only a
re-install would do the trick. I might try the Thunderbird app again.

Thanks,

CÚsar

news:3jxpd.59589$(E-Mail Removed)...