Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Mimetype .aspx?

Mimetype .aspx?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBG?=

I cant figure out what mimetype .aspx pages are, i have been searching thru
msdn and the only thing that i found was a way to list all mimetypes
installed on the computes, output something like this:

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.1 for Windows
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-1999. All rights reserved.

Total MIME Map Entries: 189

Extension MIME Type
..* application/octet-stream
..323 text/h323
..acx application/internet-property-stream
..ai application/postscript
..aif audio/x-aiff
..aifc audio/aiff
..aiff audio/aiff
..asf video/x-ms-asf
..asr video/x-ms-asf
..asx video/x-ms-asf
..au audio/basic
-- More --

what mimetype is aspx? is it like .exe files?
application/octet-stream ?

Patrice

Humm.. What do you want to do with this infromation. An ASPX page streams
text/html to the browser. This is a server side thing, the client doesn't
care wether it comes an ASPX, ASP, PHP, JSP or whatever else page...

Patrice

--

"Patrick F" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I cant figure out what mimetype .aspx pages are, i have been searching

thru
> msdn and the only thing that i found was a way to list all mimetypes
> installed on the computes, output something like this:
>
> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.1 for Windows
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-1999. All rights reserved.
>
> Total MIME Map Entries: 189
>
> Extension MIME Type
> .* application/octet-stream
> .323 text/h323
> .acx application/internet-property-stream
> .ai application/postscript
> .aif audio/x-aiff
> .aifc audio/aiff
> .aiff audio/aiff
> .asf video/x-ms-asf
> .asr video/x-ms-asf
> .asx video/x-ms-asf
> .au audio/basic
> -- More --
>
> what mimetype is aspx? is it like .exe files?
> application/octet-stream ?

oliiix oliiix is offline
Junior Member

So I need this information too Just installed vista and IIS 7.0

There's a lot different and if I try to open an .aspx page, IE wants to open/download it... but it doesn't display the page. If I add the MIME Type .aspx with type text/html it shows me the html coded section of the file but my asp.net code isn't translated at all... need help here...
IIS Manager has ASP.Net in it but I just don't know what to do that he translates the aspx code successfully

Thanks for any help