Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Multiple email signatures?

Multiple email signatures?

joseph white

My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
multiple signatures with it?

Thomas Guignard

> My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
> multiple signatures with it?

I'm also using Thunderbird and the only way I found to solve this issue
is to have multiple "dummy" accounts with no valid POP or IMAP settings
but that duplicate my main account's IMAP (outgoing) settings. I have
one signature file for each account.

When I compose a message, I have a drop-down list as my "From:" field,
from which I can choose the desired account, therefore the desired
signature.

Hope this helps.

T.

--
Thomas Guignard
Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics

Leonidas Jones

Thomas Guignard wrote:
>> My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
>> multiple signatures with it?

> I'm also using Thunderbird and the only way I found to solve this issue
> is to have multiple "dummy" accounts with no valid POP or IMAP settings
> but that duplicate my main account's IMAP (outgoing) settings. I have
> one signature file for each account.
>
> When I compose a message, I have a drop-down list as my "From:" field,
> from which I can choose the desired account, therefore the desired
> signature.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> T.

DIdn't 0.8 have support for multiole identities?

In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.

Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have multipe
identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

Lee

GeorgeWildBeast

Leonidas Jones a écrit :
> Thomas Guignard wrote:
>
>>> My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
>>> multiple signatures with it?

> In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
>
> Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
> more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have multipe
> identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

Thanks, good idea

William W. Plummer

GeorgeWildBeast wrote:

>> In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
>>
>> Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
>> more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have
>> multipe identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

> Thanks, good idea

I really like the TagZilla extension. It lets me pick which signature I
want after clicking on Send.

jan-peter.ruehmann@debitel.net

William W. Plummer schrieb:
> GeorgeWildBeast wrote:

>>> In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
>>>
>>> Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second
>>> (or more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have
>>> multipe identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

>> Thanks, good idea

> I really like the TagZilla extension. It lets me pick which signature I
> want after clicking on Send.

I don´t like it, because its a click more and has no automatic.

Jan-Peter