Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to change the default tagprefix for web user controls

How to change the default tagprefix for web user controls

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggSGFycmlz?=

When you drag a web user control onto your design surface, VS.NET
automatically assigns the tagprefix = uc1.

Does anyone know how to change the default tagprefix for all web controls
you drag onto a web form?

Thank you.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Simply apply the TagPrefix Attribute to your control class' source code.

Here's more info:
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/boo.../5728d.asp#124

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Keith Harris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you drag a web user control onto your design surface, VS.NET
> automatically assigns the tagprefix = uc1.
>
> Does anyone know how to change the default tagprefix for all web controls
> you drag onto a web form?
>
> Thank you.

Karl Seguin

I think he was asking about user controls....and I don't think you can.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
come!)