Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Passing data to a UC programitcally...does the UC need to be dynamically loaded?

Passing data to a UC programitcally...does the UC need to be dynamically loaded?

darrel

If I want to pass data to a UC via codebehind on the page, does the UC also
have to be dynamically loaded, or can I pass data progamatically to a UC
that is loaded via the ASPX page (using a UC tag)?

-Darrel

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

if you setup properties for it you can pass it data however you wish

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...properties.asp

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I want to pass data to a UC via codebehind on the page, does the UC

also
> have to be dynamically loaded, or can I pass data progamatically to a UC
> that is loaded via the ASPX page (using a UC tag)?
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> if you setup properties for it you can pass it data however you wish

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...properties.asp

Looking at that page, it looks like it still dynamically loads the control:

Dim MyMessage As Control = LoadControl("uc.ascx")

-Darrel