Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Add additional row

Add additional row

Vishal

Hello,

I need to add an additional row for each exisitng row in
my datagrid. How can I do that?

Thanks

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

you could try to add it when the DataList.ItemDataBound Event is called

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...boundtopic.asp

or try to use a templatecolumn

the addRow method typically adds a row to the end of teh datagrid followin g
a bind event, so you may have to intercept this and see if theres anyhting
you can do. I suppose it depends on what you actually want the extra row
for.
--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

"Vishal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:565101c52355$431fff90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I need to add an additional row for each exisitng row in
> my datagrid. How can I do that?
>
> Thanks

Vishal

Well, I am using a datagrid and I have to stick to that. I
need the addtional row for each existing row, so the 4Guys
article doesnt help me. The additional row will be used to
place a nested datagrid. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks

url=/library/en-
us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolsdatalistclassitemd
ataboundtopic.asp

>or try to use a templatecolumn
>
>http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/021203-1.aspx
>
>the addRow method typically adds a row to the end of teh

datagrid followin g
>a bind event, so you may have to intercept this and see

if theres anyhting
>you can do. I suppose it depends on what you actually

want the extra row
>for.
>--
>Regards
>
>John Timney
>ASP.NET MVP
>Microsoft Regional Director
>
>"Vishal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:565101c52355$431fff90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to add an additional row for each exisitng row in
>> my datagrid. How can I do that?
>>
>> Thanks

>.

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Take a read through the article below, its by some of the best asp.net
people and focusses specifically on nested datagrids, the example on nesting
a datagrid within a template column might be what your after or at least
given you an insight into building on that.

http://www.quepublishing.com/article...?p=173410&rl=1

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

"Vishal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:56bb01c5235e$278bab90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I am using a datagrid and I have to stick to that. I
> need the addtional row for each existing row, so the 4Guys
> article doesnt help me. The additional row will be used to
> place a nested datagrid. I hope you can help me out.
>
> Thanks

Vishal

No, I already know this article. They are adding the
nested datagrid in a new column, not in a new row.

p=173410&rl=1

>--
>Regards
>
>John Timney
>ASP.NET MVP
>Microsoft Regional Director
>
>"Vishal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:56bb01c5235e$278bab90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, I am using a datagrid and I have to stick to

that. I
>> need the addtional row for each existing row, so the

4Guys
>> article doesnt help me. The additional row will be used

>> place a nested datagrid. I hope you can help me out.
>>
>> Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

If you need to add related data in a nested fashion, take a look at this
free code:

HierarGrid - A hierarchical DataGrid that displays master-detail relations

http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETCont...ierarGrid.aspx