Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > start-up option

start-up option

Will Gortoa

Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best done
by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks.

--
Will Gortoa

Running: OS W98SE/200MMX processor/64Mb SDRAM memory/8.4GB hard drive/56k
modem/Turnpike 6.02S mail-news reader

[Replace nospam with ollis to reply]

Will Gortoa

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Gortoa
<|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>

>Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best done
>by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks.

Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
missed something?

Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced that
considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]

--
Will Gortoa

Running: OS W98SE/200MMX processor/64Mb SDRAM memory/8.4GB hard drive/56k
modem/Turnpike 6.02S mail-news reader

[Replace nospam with ollis to reply]

Leonidas Jones

Will Gortoa wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Gortoa
> <|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>
>> Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best
>> done by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks.

> Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
> bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
> custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
> missed something?
>
> Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
> also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced that
> considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]

There is no Quick Launch in Firefox.

Lee

Will Gortoa

In article <tr6od.949355$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Will Gortoa wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Gortoa
>><|||TheHipBlueBirdHouse|||@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>>
>>> Is the best way to install the browser at start-up option now best
>>>done by a reinstall and selecting that option? Thanks.

>> Actually, that probably doesn't read too well. I was thinking I'd
>>bypassed a Quick Launch facility [as utilised in Netscape 7.0] on the
>>custom install, but it appears not to be the case. Unless I've still
>>missed something?
>> Firefox takes the best part of a minute to load on this machine! [NS
>>also took some time to load, but the Quick Launch facility reduced
>>that considerably, down to less than a bearable 10-15 seconds.]
>>

>There is no Quick Launch in Firefox.

Shame.