Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Installing in to the root of a web site

Installing in to the root of a web site

=?Utf-8?B?R3Jhdnk=?=

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create an ASP.NET installation
project using VS.NET 2003 then installs in to the root of an IIS web site?

Currently my install project creates a vdir to install into but I now want
to install (or have the option of installing) the app to the root web site,
ie. Default Web Site, or even better, any other web sites I might create.

Thanks for your help

Manohar Kamath

There is a KB on this:

Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire
www.dotnetwire.com

"Gravy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create an ASP.NET installation
> project using VS.NET 2003 then installs in to the root of an IIS web site?
>
> Currently my install project creates a vdir to install into but I now want
> to install (or have the option of installing) the app to the root web

site,
> ie. Default Web Site, or even better, any other web sites I might create.
>
> Thanks for your help

Manohar Kamath

Sorry, I misread your question. To open the root project, just point to the
server without the trailing "/" when you open the project in IDE.

e.g. http://localhost instead of http://localhost/ (does not actually make
sense, but it works!)

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

"Manohar Kamath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a KB on this:

> Manohar Kamath
> Editor, .netWire
> www.dotnetwire.com
>

> "Gravy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create an ASP.NET installation
> > project using VS.NET 2003 then installs in to the root of an IIS web

site?

> > Currently my install project creates a vdir to install into but I now

want
> > to install (or have the option of installing) the app to the root web

> site,
> > ie. Default Web Site, or even better, any other web sites I might

create.

> > Thanks for your help

=?Utf-8?B?R3Jhdnk=?=

Sorry for the confusion Monohar, what I actually want to do is deploy my
asp.net web app to the root of a web site using a vs.net installer project.
Any idea?