Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SQL Timeout

SQL Timeout

=?Utf-8?B?amltbnBk?=

I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception,
TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException
exception, TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadNetlib(Int32 bytesExpected)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadBuffer()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadByteArray(Byte[] buff, Int32
offset, Int32 len)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipBytes(Int64 num)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipRow(_SqlMetaDa ta[] columns, Int32
startCol)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.CleanPartialRe ad(TdsParser
parser)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillNextResult(ID ataReader
dataReader)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Ob ject data, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords,
DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(O bject data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

Scott Allen

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:05:03 -0800, jimnpd
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
>a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx
>
>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
>elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
>responding.

Hi jimnpd:

You can adjust the CommandTimeout property of a SqlCommand object.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/