Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can I remove this meta tag?

Can I remove this meta tag?

theintrepidfox@hotmail.com

Dear Group

Just wondered what this meta tag is for:
name="vs_targetSchema">

Can I remove it or change it to
name="vs_targetSchema"> as I think that might be the problem of my
non-secure items warning when accessing the page with SSL.

Sorry for this question, can't test it myself at the moment but I'm
curious.

Thanks very much for your help & efforts!

Best Regards,

Martin

=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=

The metatag is designed to give warnings in Visual Studio when proper HTML is
not present. It can be removed if you always does everything right. The tag
does do anything during the execution of your page.
Arne.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Dear Group
>
> Just wondered what this meta tag is for:
> name="vs_targetSchema">
>
> Can I remove it or change it to
> name="vs_targetSchema"> as I think that might be the problem of my
> non-secure items warning when accessing the page with SSL.
>
> Sorry for this question, can't test it myself at the moment but I'm
> curious.
>
> Thanks very much for your help & efforts!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Martin

Chris R. Timmons

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Dear Group
>
> Just wondered what this meta tag is for:
> name="vs_targetSchema">
>
> Can I remove it or change it to
> name="vs_targetSchema"> as I think that might be the problem of my
> non-secure items warning when accessing the page with SSL.
>
> Sorry for this question, can't test it myself at the moment but I'm
> curious.
>
> Thanks very much for your help & efforts!

Martin,

The targetSchema property only affects the behavior of Visual Studio (VS):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...rtyHTMLDoc.asp

or

http://tinyurl.com/3evps

The "http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" portion of the meta tag is
a URN, not a URL. A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) points to a
specific location on the internet. A URN (Uniform Resource Name) does not.
A URN is just a specific name for an entity, in this case the targetSchema
VS should configure its designers for.

Changing "http" to "https" on the above URN may confuse VS, and would serve no
purpose, since the URN is just a name, and does not specify a location on the
internet[*]. Here's an explanation on the whole URL/URN/URI mess from the W3C:

http://www.w3.org/TR/uri-clarification/

[*]

Just for fun, I tried pointing my browser to http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5 and
got a 404 error. Trying just http://schemas.microsoft.com/ results in a page
with the phrase "schemas.microsoft.com" in bold letters.

--
Hope this helps.

Chris.
-------------
C.R. Timmons Consulting, Inc.
http://www.crtimmonsinc.com/

theintrepidfox@hotmail.com

Hi! Thanks for all your replies!
I actually found out what caused the problem.
Every time I tried accessing the web application with SSL I got a
message about non-secure items on that page and wondered whether it's
because of the Microsoft http:// metatag.

In fact it was caused by SkmMenu when the menu loaded subitems. Their
help manual was really good and found the answer in an instant. Setting
the IFrameSRC property of the menu to a blank page like skmdummy.htm
solved the issue.

Thanks again for your replies!

Martin