Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET communication with cold fusion

ASP.NET communication with cold fusion

=?Utf-8?B?UHJpeWE=?=

Hi,

How do I pass a session variable & cookies from ASP.NET page to
coldfusion page?

Thanks in advance
Priya

Jignesh Desai

Actually you can;t share session state between asp.net and asp or coldfusion or whatever....

A quick solution is u call an intermaediate page
ASP.NET --> Intermediate Page in ColdFusion --> coldFusion Applicaiton.

pass session data as querystirng and intermediate page will rebuild same session state in coldfusion.

HTH
Regards
Jignesh Desai
www.jigneshdesai.com

"Priya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How do I pass a session variable & cookies from ASP.NET page to
> coldfusion page?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Priya

Karl Seguin

Which is a great solution, but it should be pointed out (although it's obvious) that this would make public any sensitive information you might have in the session (but it's fine if you don't). As for cookies they should be access from ColdFusion whatever way cold fusion uses to get cookies.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)