Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net problem

asp.net problem

=?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=

I have a weird problem.

Computer Hangs if same page is recompiled. -> Meaning that, say i created a
very simple asp.net file, and called it from the browser. As we all know .NET
will compile it into a reusable class at first run. Then, if i call the page
again, everythign if fine, because no compilation is done, the class is used,
right? But if I change somethign inside the file, and call the page from
browser, computer will hang. <- this is my problem, that I cand resolve, or
explain. If another file(with different filename) is compiled (called for the
first time), and I go back to first scipt, that has been modified, and call
it in browser, it compiles with no trouble.

So I have noticed.. that this has to do nothing with the scripts itslf, nor
it has to do with Hardware. Looks like to me, my IIS+.NET has trouble
recompiling same file, if some other file has not been compiled. I will try
to illustrate below:

1.
test1.aspx
<- calling for the first time, .NET compiles it. OK

2.
test1.aspx
<- calling for the second time, (file has not been modified), just
refreshing, no compilation. OK

3.
modified test1.aspx
test.aspx
<- calling file after modification(this is second compilation), computer
hangs. NOT OK

*NOTE* - if I had called another page between steps 2 and 3 for the first
time, meaning that I would compile something else, and then going to point 3,
evrything would be fine.

I have reinstalled WindowsXP PRO, updated it.
I hope I have explained the situation clearly. I cant find sollution..
please help

Scott Allen

Hi spilo101:

This does seem like a strange problem. Some things I'd look at would
be to run chkdsk and verify there are no hardware problems with the
disk, disable any type of virus scan / indexing applications
temporarily and such. Try reinstalling .NET also - something seems
corrupt somewhere.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:05:01 -0800, "spilo101"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a weird problem.
>
>Computer Hangs if same page is recompiled. -> Meaning that, say i created a
>very simple asp.net file, and called it from the browser. As we all know .NET
>will compile it into a reusable class at first run. Then, if i call the page
>again, everythign if fine, because no compilation is done, the class is used,
>right? But if I change somethign inside the file, and call the page from
>browser, computer will hang. <- this is my problem, that I cand resolve, or
>explain. If another file(with different filename) is compiled (called for the
>first time), and I go back to first scipt, that has been modified, and call
>it in browser, it compiles with no trouble.
>
>So I have noticed.. that this has to do nothing with the scripts itslf, nor
>it has to do with Hardware. Looks like to me, my IIS+.NET has trouble
>recompiling same file, if some other file has not been compiled. I will try
>to illustrate below:
>
>1.
>test1.aspx
><- calling for the first time, .NET compiles it. OK
>
>2.
>test1.aspx
><- calling for the second time, (file has not been modified), just
>refreshing, no compilation. OK
>
>3.
>modified test1.aspx
>test.aspx
><- calling file after modification(this is second compilation), computer
>hangs. NOT OK
>
>*NOTE* - if I had called another page between steps 2 and 3 for the first
>time, meaning that I would compile something else, and then going to point 3,
>evrything would be fine.
>
>I have reinstalled WindowsXP PRO, updated it.
>I hope I have explained the situation clearly. I cant find sollution..
>please help

Juan T. Llibre

1. Check to see if the Indexing service is running.
If it is, stop it, and check your recompilation again.

2. Check to see if you have antivirus software running.
If you do, stop it, and check your recompilation again.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espa˝ol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"spilo101" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a weird problem.
>
> Computer Hangs if same page is recompiled. -> Meaning that, say i created
> very simple asp.net file, and called it from the browser. As we all know
> .NET
> will compile it into a reusable class at first run. Then, if i call the
> page
> again, everythign if fine, because no compilation is done, the class is
> used,
> right? But if I change somethign inside the file, and call the page from
> browser, computer will hang. <- this is my problem, that I cand resolve,
> or
> explain. If another file(with different filename) is compiled (called for
> the
> first time), and I go back to first scipt, that has been modified, and
> call
> it in browser, it compiles with no trouble.
>
> So I have noticed.. that this has to do nothing with the scripts itslf,
> nor
> it has to do with Hardware. Looks like to me, my IIS+.NET has trouble
> recompiling same file, if some other file has not been compiled. I will
> try
> to illustrate below:
>
> 1.
> test1.aspx
> <- calling for the first time, .NET compiles it. OK
>
> 2.
> test1.aspx
> <- calling for the second time, (file has not been modified), just
> refreshing, no compilation. OK
>
> 3.
> modified test1.aspx
> test.aspx
> <- calling file after modification(this is second compilation), computer
> hangs. NOT OK
>
> *NOTE* - if I had called another page between steps 2 and 3 for the first
> time, meaning that I would compile something else, and then going to point
> 3,
> evrything would be fine.
>
> I have reinstalled WindowsXP PRO, updated it.
> I hope I have explained the situation clearly. I cant find sollution..
> please help

=?Utf-8?B?c3BpbG8xMDE=?=

Thanks for your replies guys!

Indexing sevice was off.. and I dont ahve an Anivirus Software.. but I have
ZoneAllarm firewall.. as soon as I turned it off the problem was gone. I
appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.