Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Memory Leaks in ASP.NET

Memory Leaks in ASP.NET

sanjeevsai sanjeevsai is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?=
In my ASP.NET application, we are noticing appreciable memory leaks and the
main culprit appears to be System.String We use ResourceReader to read in a
resource file and we close and dispose the resourcereader object also. We
profiled the application using .NET Memory profiler and it appears that
garbage collection does not appear to be happening. Even after closing all
sessions memory for aspnet process remains pegged at the level it was.
Has anyone run across a similar situation? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Hi,

we are also facing the problem of memory leak. actually this is because of the infragistics tools for ASP.net. I am also using .net Memory Profile but since I new to this tool, need some resources which could give me insite of the tool. the resouces/material/samples available on the .net memory profiler's site are for win App.

will appreciate if you could provide something regarding this.

mias mias is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?= View Post
In my ASP.NET application, we are noticing appreciable memory leaks and the
main culprit appears to be System.String We use ResourceReader to read in a
resource file and we close and dispose the resourcereader object also. We
profiled the application using .NET Memory profiler and it appears that
garbage collection does not appear to be happening. Even after closing all
sessions memory for aspnet process remains pegged at the level it was.
Has anyone run across a similar situation? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.
I only recently dicovered the Asp.Net Web Profiler. It is simply amazing in how you can analize in memory data. It displays the asp.net cache data, application state data and objects, all active user sessions and al session state data in each session with drill down functionality to browse through data and analyze everything.

mias mias is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?= View Post
In my ASP.NET application, we are noticing appreciable memory leaks and the
main culprit appears to be System.String We use ResourceReader to read in a
resource file and we close and dispose the resourcereader object also. We
profiled the application using .NET Memory profiler and it appears that
garbage collection does not appear to be happening. Even after closing all
sessions memory for aspnet process remains pegged at the level it was.
Has anyone run across a similar situation? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.
If there are still something running in memory you should be able to detect it by running the asp.net web profiler. You can download for free from aspwebprofiler.com