Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > problem getting mail

problem getting mail

Johan van Veen

I have a strange problem since earlier today.
In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than 600.
How is this possible?
When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks.

--
Johan van Veen

www.musica-dei-donum.net

Leonidas Jones

Johan van Veen wrote:
> I have a strange problem since earlier today.
> In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
> Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than 600.
> How is this possible?
> When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
> Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
> this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
> Thanks.

Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
problem inbox. Restart TB.

Lee

Johan van Veen

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Johan van Veen wrote:
>
>> I have a strange problem since earlier today.
>> In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
>> Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than
>> 600. How is this possible?
>> When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
>> Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
>> this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
>> Thanks.
>>

> Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
> problem inbox. Restart TB.
>

> Lee

Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.

--
Johan van Veen
(E-Mail Removed)

www.musica-dei-donum.net

Leonidas Jones

Johan van Veen wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Johan van Veen wrote:
>>
>>> I have a strange problem since earlier today.
>>> In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
>>> Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than
>>> 600. How is this possible?
>>> When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
>>> Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
>>> this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
>> problem inbox. Restart TB.
>>

>> Lee

> Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
> Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.

Note I said Profile folder, which is separate from your program folder,
to keep your data safe.

The path varies with OS, and blast Thunderbird, all your UA tells me is
Windows.

98/ME

C:\Windows\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.s lt\Mail\

NT/XP

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.s lt\Mail\

You can safely delete any files with a .msf extension. They are summary
files which will be rebuilt on opening TB. *Do not* delete files that
do not have extensions. These are your mail files.

Lee

Johan van Veen

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Johan van Veen wrote:

>>> Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
>>> problem inbox. Restart TB.
>>>

>>> Lee

>> Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
>> Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.
>>

> Note I said Profile folder, which is separate from your program folder,
> to keep your data safe.
>
> The path varies with OS, and blast Thunderbird, all your UA tells me is
> Windows.
>
> 98/ME
>
> C:\Windows\Application
> Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.s lt\Mail\
>
> NT/XP
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
> Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.s lt\Mail\
>
> You can safely delete any files with a .msf extension. They are summary
> files which will be rebuilt on opening TB. *Do not* delete files that
> do not have extensions. These are your mail files.
>
> Lee

It worked perfectly. Many thanks!

--
Johan van Veen