Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to detect when request from local computer (server)

How to detect when request from local computer (server)

Rafael Leonhardt

How I can to detect when a user access a site from the server?
I need to control someting like "remoteonly" on custom errors in my aspx to
show some information when local and other wen remote.

szeying.tan

use Request.ServerVariables;
and retrieve the HTTP_HOST server variable.
if it is localhost, then the use is accessing the site from the server.

syntax would be like so:
Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_HOST"];