Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Macs

Paul Mason

Hi folks,

I know this isn't really the right forum for this but we've drawn a blank in
the other forums.

We have a number of users who have Macs and they are not able to connect to
our IIS based web server....even when they type in the IP address it says it
can't find the server. I've been told they've switched on Mac sharing
(whatever that is).

Any ideas...it's totally stumped both our Mac and PC support people.

We are trying to get the users to access ASP.NET systems, which is why i
normally ask q's here...just in case you're wondering.

Cheers...P

darrel

> We have a number of users who have Macs and they are not able to connect
> our IIS based web server....even when they type in the IP address it says

it
> can't find the server. I've been told they've switched on Mac sharing
> (whatever that is).

Macs and PCs both use the same internet protocols.

Do you have a URL for us to test this ourselves?

-Darrel