Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" problem on mobile aspx page

META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" problem on mobile aspx page

Chumley Walrus

I'm trying to use :
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="180; URL=main.aspx">

to refresh a mobile page (made in vs.net with the MMIT) for a page that

I need to refresh every 3 minutes, but I can't get it to do anything.
Does it have anything to do with the fact the server may be behind a
firewall? I've tried it on regular asp pages and static HTML, and it
works fine.

??????????
Chumley

Joerg Jooss

Chumley Walrus wrote:

> I'm trying to use :
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="180; URL=main.aspx">

There's no standardized means to automatically refresh a resource in
HTTP. Even the HTTP header "Refresh" isn't standard, though widely
implemented. You should try using it anyway. If it doesn't work, the
browser just doesn't support refreshing.

Cheers,
--
http://www.joergjooss.de
(E-Mail Removed)