Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Move to parent directory

Move to parent directory

Danny Colyer

In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0. I had an
extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
of the current page, e.g. from my own homepage:

I could hit alt-up and I would go to:
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/>

I then upgraded FF and the extension was no longer available. I really
miss that extension and I'd like to keep an eye open for when it becomes
available in whatever version I happen to be running by then, but I
can't remember what it was. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

I'm now running 1.0PR. I'll move to 1.0 when a few more of the
extensions that I use are available. (Most important is that the Walnut
theme is available - mozilla.org says that it is, but when I installed
1.0 this afternoon the theme wouldn't work, so I reinstalled 1.0PR).

Splibbilla

Danny Colyer <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:cn83f0$pd3$(E-Mail Removed):

> In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0. I had an
> extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
> of the current page

one of the buttons in moz 1.7 Googlebar extension is teh 'up folder' button

googlebar version in mine is 0.9.0.28

FWIW

--
....like Candlewax Castles made of custard Jell-O

MLC

_Danny Colyer_, domenica 14/nov/2004:

> In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0. I had an
> extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
> of the current page, e.g. from my own homepage:
> <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
>
> I could hit alt-up and I would go to:
> <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/>
>
> I then upgraded FF and the extension was no longer available. I really
> miss that extension and I'd like to keep an eye open for when it becomes
> available in whatever version I happen to be running by then, but I
> can't remember what it was. Does it ring any bells with anyone?
>
> I'm now running 1.0PR. I'll move to 1.0 when a few more of the
> extensions that I use are available. (Most important is that the Walnut
> theme is available - mozilla.org says that it is, but when I installed
> 1.0 this afternoon the theme wouldn't work, so I reinstalled 1.0PR).

That extension is Go Up:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#goup
I don't know if it's 1.0 compatible, because now I'm using Diggler 0.9:
http://diggler.mozdev.org/
--
Maria Luisa C - 15/11/2004 9.11.16

Danny Colyer

MLC wrote:
> That extension is Go Up:
> http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#goup

That's the one.

> I don't know if it's 1.0 compatible, because now I'm using Diggler 0.9:
> http://diggler.mozdev.org/

Yes it is 1.0 compatible. I've now installed it and it works, thanks.

I tried Diggler, but couldn't find any use for it.

Thanks to Splibbilla for your suggestion, too (and anyone else who may
have replied and it hasn't reached me yet).