Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help on Error - Unable to detect the web server!!!!

Help on Error - Unable to detect the web server!!!!

sikkavarun

hi,
im a just a starter in the .net.I have to make a project on asp.net.Im
using windows XP and have IIS 5.0 Installed on it.I have configured
all the properties of a web server.But when i compile my code in
asp.net it alwaz shows an error Unable to detect web
server or u r denied access on this webserver.Please
if anyone has gone through this type of problem then plz help me out
on this as i have to soon submit this project in my college.
Varun Sikka

http://www.usenet.com

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

sikkavarun,
Can you connect to the web server?
If u try to view a simple html file does it load?
Or ur just getting the error only when compiling asp.net pages..?
Patrick

sikkavarun

> Patrick Olurotimi Igewrote:
sikkavarun,
> Can you connect to the web server?
> If u try to view a simple html file does it load?
> Or ur just getting the error only when compiling asp.net pages..?
> Patrick
>
> Hi patrick,
> im getting problems when im trying to debug asp.net pages.my web

server is on.I have tried this as i can load my website that i had
made on tht webserver.it is also loading a simple html file.but its
not debugging my asp.net pages.

http://www.usenet.com