Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Brinkster Form Mailer Problem

Brinkster Form Mailer Problem

Sparky Arbuckle

I've tried the two following Send_Email sub routines on Brinkster. No
luck getting either to work. Could someone that has experience with
Brinkster please let me know what is going on? I've gotten the form to
submit but get an error that says:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected one or
more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 ...

Please help! I must have this up by Sunday night. I've already e-mailed
Customer Support about the mail relay factor. I'm up for anything at
this point. A little aside, I've changed mail.mydomain.com to the
actual IP address of my SMTP server but didn't want to broadcast that
information to the world.

Sub Send_Email(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)

Dim oMessage As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage()
oMessage.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
oMessage.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
oMessage.Subject = "Testing 1-2-3"
oMessage.Body = "asdf 1-2-3!"
oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")
= 2
oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
= "mail.mydomain.com"
oMessage.Fields.Item'oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate")
= 1
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mydomain.com"
Try
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(oMessage)
Response.Write("Email sent!")
Catch Ex As Exception
Response.Write("Unable to send mail! " & Ex.Message)
End Try

END Sub

Sub Send_Email(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)

Dim mail As New MailMessage()
mail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
mail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
mail.Subject = "Testing 1-2-3"
mail.Body = "asdf 1-2-3"
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mydomain.com"
SmtpMail.Send(mail)

END Sub