Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: OWA authentication via Login Page using ASP.Net

Re: OWA authentication via Login Page using ASP.Net

Alan

Hi, first of all sorry for the cross posting. i have a problem with an
ASP.NET application that requires to redirect the user to an OWA URL
(for example
http://#server#.#domain#.com/exchang....eml?cmd=open).
My specific goal is get the user to access that OWA url without the
browser asking for authentication. Sometimes i have noticed that when i
log on to the domain with my username and then try to open my inbox
using OWA it doesnt ask for authentication thats what i try to achieve
but all the users will access only one same account. I have tried to
impersonate the user using the Web.config file (using the <impersonate>
tag specifying the login information for the account i want the user to
access). I have also used the ASP.NET httpwebrequest class, providing
the credentials for the email account i want the user to access but the
problem with this approach comes with multipart emails, since it shows
a login window to the user for every part of that multipart email and i
do not want the user enter any information (they all will access a
single account and nobody should know the credentials thats why im
trying to do an automated logon as stated before)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Alan

p.s.: i pasted the message below since it is a similar problem to mine
so that u can have an idea what i am looking for, but i am not using
iframes.

Michael O'Brien wrote:
> I have a problem with OWA and authenticating users.
> I am able to authenticate users against Active Directory via a web

page but
> I encounter a problem when I have OWA URL like the authenticated

users inbox
> displayed in an IFrame, the user is prompted for username, password,

domain
> as if they were never authenticated.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to implement forms authentication for OWA

using
> ASP.Net?
> Has anyone been able to authenticate users for OWA using a web page?
> Is it possible to work around and submit authentication details

before the
> user is prompted again for log on details.
>
> Is there any resources available for using ASP.Net with Exchange 2000

and