Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > forward attachments

forward attachments

Jules

Hi

I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.

Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y machine,
OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or what ever.
Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.

I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.

Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.

Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
seems too.

0.9 version.

thanks

Posco

Jules wrote:
> Hi
>
> I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.
>
> Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y machine,
> OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or what ever.
> Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.
>
> I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.
>
> Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.
>
> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
> max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
> Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
> seems too.
>
> 0.9 version.
>
> thanks

I have v0.8, but I use Tools/Options/Composition/Forward message as
attachment

Posco

Nicolas Chevreux

Hello,

Jules wrote in an email dated 13/Nov/04 04:40:
> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
> max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
> Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
> seems too.

Tools -> Account Settings -> account name -> Server Settings -> uncheck
the "check emails every..." box

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam
www.adnoiseam.net

Jules

Nicolas Chevreux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jules wrote in an email dated 13/Nov/04 04:40:
>
>> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min
>> (as max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is
>> some. Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive,
>> yet it seems too.

> Tools -> Account Settings -> account name -> Server Settings -> uncheck
> the "check emails every..." box
>
> Nicolas

thanks, i just enterd a 400 or bigger amount as OE. Will try that

Jules

Posco wrote:
> Jules wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.
>>
>> Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y
>> machine, OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or
>> what ever. Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.
>>
>> I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.
>>
>> Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.
>>
>> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min
>> (as max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is
>> some. Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive,
>> yet it seems too.
>>
>> 0.9 version.
>>
>> thanks

> I have v0.8, but I use Tools/Options/Composition/Forward message as
> attachment
>
> Posco

thanks, i checked the settins just now, as you desribe and it matched.

sent to THIS pc the one with the att sent to me from THIs machine and it
sent and recieved WITH the att. will try later to the OE machine i need
to manipulate the attchemnts (its defragging at the mo)

Once i know how to do it i can change the other 2 machines to thunderbird.