Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > using visualstudio F5 to view a page in the browser

using visualstudio F5 to view a page in the browser

dharma25 via DotNetMonster.com

After ive created a page and click on the start icon in visual studio to
view the current page in the browser.... it always displays some other page
from the site. then I have to manually enter my filename in the browser to
call the page i want to.??

Kevin Spencer

In the Solution Explorer, right-click the page you want to load and select
"Set as Start Page" from the context menu.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

"dharma25 via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f9c72719f264424e8cc9012c497d645b@DotNetMonste r.com...
> After ive created a page and click on the start icon in visual studio to
> view the current page in the browser.... it always displays some other
> page
> from the site. then I have to manually enter my filename in the browser to
> call the page i want to.??

Mark Fitzpatrick

Both F5 and the Start icon are for debugging the application, not for
previewing the current page in the browser. The Start debugging action must
point to one single page in the application as an entry page to the process,
that way it can begin showing debug information and step through your
application. You set the start page by right-clicking the web application
root icon, selecting properties, then selecting Configuration Properties |
Debugging and entering in the page under the Start Page option. To view a
particular page, right-click that page in the solution exlporer and select
View in Browser.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage