Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WebControls.Panel versus DIV tag

WebControls.Panel versus DIV tag

Rob Nicholson

I'm confused as to when you'd use the WebControls.Panel instead of the DIV
tag as they appear to offer similar facilities on the surface.

Thanks, Rob.

Karl Seguin

They do offere similar facilities on the surface, but beneath the surface
one provides a rich OO programming interface which allows you to
programmatically set and control a high number of properties and levarage
much functioanlity, while the other one does not.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@nospam_unforgettable.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm confused as to when you'd use the WebControls.Panel instead of the DIV
> tag as they appear to offer similar facilities on the surface.
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Kevin Spencer

A DIV tag is static HTML. A Panel is a dynamic Control that you can control
from the server.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@nospam_unforgettable.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm confused as to when you'd use the WebControls.Panel instead of the DIV
> tag as they appear to offer similar facilities on the surface.
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Rob Nicholson

> They do offere similar facilities on the surface, but beneath the surface
> one provides a rich OO programming interface which allows you to
> programmatically set and control a high number of properties and levarage
> much functioanlity, while the other one does not.

Thanks - knew there was a reason for it's existence.

Cheers, Rob.