Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > scheduled email reports

scheduled email reports

Scott Reynolds

Hello!

I am developing a scheduled (daily) email reports system. The report
contains results from a database, based on subscriber definied keywords. I
have seen similar system often used on dating and real estate web sites...

Could anyone provide me some information how to do it? Where to start?

Thank you!
Scott

Malik Asif Joyia

Hello
User the Timer Controls and where it fires it Event you should execute a
thread to check your database to send emails
and then Send your timer to sleep. user Timer and TimerCallback to tell it
which procedure it have to execute

this is the easy way i think.
Write this code in Application Start Even in Global.asax

Kind Regards
Malik Asif

news:OJt$(E-Mail Removed)...