Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Starting Firefox with broken theme

Starting Firefox with broken theme

wps

I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a poupup
window that says:

"Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"

Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?

If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?

TIA

Leonidas Jones

wps wrote:
> I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
> remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a poupup
> window that says:
>
> "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
>
> Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
>
> If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
>
> TIA

You've got an incompatible theme. Easist way out is to go to your
profile folder and rename your chrome folder. Then restart FF. You will
have to reinstall your themes and extensions.

Lee

wps

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:%pUkd.8972$(E-Mail Removed):

> wps wrote:
>> I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
>> remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a
>> poupup window that says:
>>
>> "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
>>
>> Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
>>
>> If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
>>
>> TIA

> You've got an incompatible theme. Easist way out is to go to your
> profile folder and rename your chrome folder. Then restart FF. You
> will have to reinstall your themes and extensions.
>
> Lee

Thanks. That did it.

mike555

wps <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns959EBDC8871E3myport2000yahoocom@207.217.1 25.201>...
> I've been trying out various themes for FF 1.0. I picked one (can't
> remember which one it was) and now when I try to start FF I get a poupup
> window that says:
>
> "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser"
>
> Any way around this other than deinstalling and reinstalling FF?
>
> If I do deinstall will I lose all my cookies and bookmarks?
>
> TIA

======= If you uninstall you shouldn't loose any bookmarks, etc, but
you will still have the problem,because the themes are not uninstalled
(they are in your profile folder)........ it's best to start in safe
mode, (the short cut to click on should be in your start programs
list) , then uninstall the offending theme and restart.. =====