Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Filter Problem

Filter Problem

Dan

I've just switched from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird. I'm
having trouble getting the filtering to work. If I choose "Tools..Run
Filter on Folder", then it does what it's supposed to do (in this case,
deleting the email). What I don't understand is why I'm getting the
email in the first place if I've told it to be deleted. Is there an
option I've missed to automatically apply a filter when receiving email?

Thanks in advance,
Dan.

Moz Champion

Dan wrote:

> I've just switched from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird. I'm
> having trouble getting the filtering to work. If I choose "Tools..Run
> Filter on Folder", then it does what it's supposed to do (in this case,
> deleting the email). What I don't understand is why I'm getting the
> email in the first place if I've told it to be deleted. Is there an
> option I've missed to automatically apply a filter when receiving email?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dan.

Is the filter enabled in the list? Is it in the list for the
folder/inbox where it is received?

Caveat: Deleting of messages by filters is contraindicated. Better to
sort/filter to a holding area for review, then delete from there.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org