Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > referencing Framework V1.1 assemblies screwed up Visual Studio??!!!!! Help

referencing Framework V1.1 assemblies screwed up Visual Studio??!!!!! Help

KK

Hi

I have .NET v 1.0 and v 1.1 both installed

However, in VS.NET default references
are set to v1.0 assemblies. For a recent
web application I changed those references
(ex, System, System.Data, System.xml etc..)
to the v 1.1 dlls.

Now I can't view my aspx pages in design
mode. Also, ASP.NET controls are also
greyed out. When I restart VS.NET
Web Controls tab is missing.!!@#!@$@#%

I think its something to do with my changes
of references? How can I fix this up?

rgds
KK

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

What version of VS.NET are you using? VS.NET versions are tied to a specific
..NET version so mixing and matching is going to get you into trouble.

I'd do a reinstall of VS.NET to get it back in line.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...