Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Options box

Options box

paul j

I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.

The Tools>Options box is sized strangely. One can grab an edge and resize
it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?
--
Up from Third Base to Huntington
They sang another victory song...........

John

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
>
>The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me

>One can grab an edge and resize
>it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
What would be the advantage of resizing it?

Thanks!

paul j

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:13:56 -0500, John wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
>>
>>The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

> In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me
>
>>One can grab an edge and resize
>>it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

> I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
> What would be the advantage of resizing it?

For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.

You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.

Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
cut off unless one resizes the box.
--

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:38:46 GMT, paul j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:13:56 -0500, John wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:11:58 GMT, paul j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I was hoping this "bug" was going to be fixed in 1.0 but it wasn't.
>>>
>>>The Tools>Options box is sized strangely.

>> In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me
>>
>>>One can grab an edge and resize
>>>it, but it doesn't stay. Any way to "fix" this?

>> I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
>> What would be the advantage of resizing it?

>For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
>
>You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
>
>Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
>cut off unless one resizes the box.

On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
what you're telling me.
BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.

Cheers!

Leonidas Jones

John wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:38:46 GMT, paul j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>In what way? It looks like a perfect rectangle to me

>>>I want to learn, but I think I'm missing something here.
>>>What would be the advantage of resizing it?

>>For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
>>
>>You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
>>
>>Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
>>cut off unless one resizes the box.

> On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
> nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
> what you're telling me.
> BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.
>
> Cheers!

This can be the result of theme problems. Try it in the default theme
and see how it works.

Lee

paul j

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:06:28 GMT, Leonidas Jones wrote:

> John wrote:

>>>For example, go to Tools>Options>Privacy.
>>>
>>>You need to use the scroll bars to scroll sideways to see all the info.
>>>
>>>Tools>Options>General is malformed as well, the bottom of "Connection" is
>>>cut off unless one resizes the box.

>> On my computer, (for both of the above exampels) the whole box shows, with
>> nothing cut off, and no scroll bars - unless I'm totally out of it as far as
>> what you're telling me.
>> BTW, my screen resolution is set @ 800 X 600 pixels.
>>
>> Cheers!

> This can be the result of theme problems. Try it in the default theme
> and see how it works.
>
> Lee

I get the same problem with each of the three themes I have installed.