Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Timers.Timer/System.Threading.Timer Not Firing At All on Dev Server

System.Timers.Timer/System.Threading.Timer Not Firing At All on Dev Server

james.e.coleman@gmail.com

Hello,

System.Timers.Timer/System.Threading.Timer do not fire on my
development server, yet they work perfectly on the production server.
I would appreciate any help on what the cause of this could be.

I am convinced it is not the code since the code works on another
machine.

Thanks,

James

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I'm not sure what you're doing exactly, but I'm surprised timers are working
in a useful way for you at all in an ASP.NET application.
Each page request generally only lasts for a fraction of a second, so using
a timer within that context is something near worthless.
If you need an event to happen reliably on your server on a regular basis, a
windows services is usually the best approach.

Here's more information on Windows Services:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...owsService.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP