Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session variable crossing Browser sessions

Session variable crossing Browser sessions

tshad

I thought that Session Variables were limited to the time that a particular
browser session was open (if set to non-persistant).

I find that if I run Mozilla and go through a couple of pages, then open
another instance of the Browser and find that all my session variables are
there, even though I haven't got to the pages that set them. If I open a
3rd instance of the browsers all the session variables are there, also.

If I open IE, however, this is not the case. Whether Mozilla is open or
not - each instance of IE has its own session variables.

This is a real problem.

Why does Mozilla not do it correctly or at least the same as IE?

Is there a setting I have do to prevent this?

Thanks,

Tom.

Crossing Browser Cricca HTML 33 01-18-2012 02:13 AM
PIX Firewall... Crossing over from INSIDE to DMZ John Doe Cisco 3 06-25-2006 08:41 AM
content crossing frames Jeff Thies HTML 9 10-19-2004 07:02 PM
Bus stops on pedestrian crossing Paul Blarmy Computer Support 5 07-21-2004 05:40 PM