Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem Sending email form web form

Problem Sending email form web form

=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlu?=

While trying to send an email using the .net mail class I get this error:

"The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 553 sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <(E-Mail Removed)>
is not a local address.(#5.7.1) "

Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Thanks, Justin.

=?Utf-8?B?RG90TmV0SmVyb21l?=

Hi,

The problem may be with the SMTP Server settings you did in your code

Jerome. M

"Justin" wrote:

> While trying to send an email using the .net mail class I get this error:
>
> "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
> was: 553 sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <(E-Mail Removed)>
> is not a local address.(#5.7.1) "
>
> Is there anything I can do to avoid this?
>
> Thanks, Justin.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

Hi Justin,

From the problem you described I guess your SMTP server requires
authentication
before you can send email using the SMTP server.
Some SMTP servers need authentication to restrict/authorize usage of the
SMTP server
Hence you will have to add code for authentication with the SMTP server
before you cans end a mail.

I havent ever done that but searching a bit on google i came up with this
link

http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/pradeepd/a...01/28/236.aspx

see if this is of any use to you.

Thanks

*****************************
Shaun, M.C.P (70-315)
http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp
*****************************

"Justin" wrote:

> While trying to send an email using the .net mail class I get this error:
>
> "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
> was: 553 sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <(E-Mail Removed)>
> is not a local address.(#5.7.1) "
>
> Is there anything I can do to avoid this?
>
> Thanks, Justin.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

Here is one more link

http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/SM...entication.asp

*****************************

"Shaun" wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> From the problem you described I guess your SMTP server requires
> authentication
> before you can send email using the SMTP server.
> Some SMTP servers need authentication to restrict/authorize usage of the
> SMTP server
> Hence you will have to add code for authentication with the SMTP server
> before you cans end a mail.
>
> I havent ever done that but searching a bit on google i came up with this
> link
>
> http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/pradeepd/a...01/28/236.aspx
>
> see if this is of any use to you.
>
> Thanks
>
> *****************************
> Shaun, M.C.P (70-315)
> http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp
> *****************************
>

> "Justin" wrote:
>
> > While trying to send an email using the .net mail class I get this error:
> >
> > "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
> > was: 553 sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > is not a local address.(#5.7.1) "
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to avoid this?
> >
> > Thanks, Justin.

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader rote ASP .Net 8 04-17-2008 02:14 AM
ASP sending form via email - CDONTS / SMTP problem tamaker ASP General 3 12-13-2007 08:45 AM
problem sending mail: Sending the email to the following server failed Luke Java 2 03-15-2007 10:54 AM
sending email form data socal ASP .Net 1 04-07-2006 07:25 AM
Some problems sending an email via form Piet Puk HTML 1 04-06-2004 08:11 AM

Advertisments