Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > searching through MS Word and PDF documents

searching through MS Word and PDF documents

Darrel

Can anyone recommend a product/technique/component that would be capable of
indexing PDF and MSWord document's and then searching against them?

I've used index serviices for things like this in the past, but I won't have
direct access to this server and I'm not sure if that will be an option.
I've also used DTSearch, which is great, but way overkill for this project
(and also a pretty complex system to customize).

Ideally, it's be some sort of component I could add to the project or have
run stand-alone that I could query against.

-Darrel

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You should be able to open a Word document and parse through it with one of
these 3rd party components:

http://www.SteveOrr.net/Reviews/AsposeWord.aspx
http://officewriter.softartisans.com...riter-189.aspx

--