Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to display an in progress banner while you are waiting

How to display an in progress banner while you are waiting

=?Utf-8?B?UWluZ2Rvbmc=?=

I have a query that usually takes 10 seconds to finish. So I would like to
have a banner that says loading to let user know it is loading the page. I
tried Marquee tag and an animated gif within a div tag. Marquee works out
well for me but the animated gif stops spinning and becomes static after I
sumbit a button to which I attach an onclick client-side javascript that
makes the div tag visible. Did anybody have the same issue before? Also I
want to know other ways to accomplish this.

Thanks very much.

Saravana

Check out these articles,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...pplication.asp
http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200308bm_l.asp

--
-Saravana
www.ExtremeExperts.com

"Qingdong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a query that usually takes 10 seconds to finish. So I would like

> have a banner that says loading to let user know it is loading the page.

> tried Marquee tag and an animated gif within a div tag. Marquee works out
> well for me but the animated gif stops spinning and becomes static after I
> sumbit a button to which I attach an onclick client-side javascript that
> makes the div tag visible. Did anybody have the same issue before? Also

> want to know other ways to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks very much.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

This is simplest solution I've seen for this predicament:
http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200308bm_l.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD