Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > cross-posting?

cross-posting?

Jos Laarhoven

Does Mozilla 1.7.3 (Mail & Newsgroup section)have the capability to
disable crossposting?
What I mean: when I receive a news-message from a poster which was
posted in more than one newsgroup and I compose a reply, that my reply
only will be posted in the newsgroup I'm reading, not in the additional
newsgroups the original poster posted his news-message.

Thanks in advance.

Bye, Jos

Ranjit

Jos Laarhoven wrote:
> Does Mozilla 1.7.3 (Mail & Newsgroup section)have the capability to
> disable crossposting?
> What I mean: when I receive a news-message from a poster which was
> posted in more than one newsgroup and I compose a reply, that my reply
> only will be posted in the newsgroup I'm reading, not in the additional
> newsgroups the original poster posted his news-message.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bye, Jos

I don't think there is one.
Sometime back I tried asking people if I could killfile all cross
posting and the conclusion was that as of now the functionality isn't
there in TB (and similarly in Mozilla).

-Ranjit

Caploc

Jos Laarhoven wrote:

> Does Mozilla 1.7.3 (Mail & Newsgroup section)have the capability to
> disable crossposting?
> What I mean: when I receive a news-message from a poster which was
> posted in more than one newsgroup and I compose a reply, that my reply
> only will be posted in the newsgroup I'm reading, not in the additional
> newsgroups the original poster posted his news-message.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bye, Jos

I don't think there is except to select and delete the groups that you
don't want your post to go to.