Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Jerky scrolling?

Jerky scrolling?

John

I'm rather new to this group, and have looked through the last 200 posts to see
if this was asked before. I did not see it.

I recently started using Firefox, and like it quite well.
One aspect seems to be a bit shaky: It seems to me that the vertical scrolling
of pages is rather "jerky".
Would that be a Firefox problem (which would no doubt be corrected soon), or
could it be something in my computer?
It did not do this with Netsvcape 7.2

Thanks!

John <><

Quivis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> I'm rather new to this group, and have looked through the last 200 posts to see
> if this was asked before. I did not see it.

What you should do, is log on to http://groups.google.com/ and search
there. Provided the posters don't use the x-tra header:
"x-no-archive: yes" you should be able to find most of what is posted
into the group from there.

Another option is to take a look over at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
and see if there's is a bug reported already.

> One aspect seems to be a bit shaky: It seems to me that the vertical scrolling
> of pages is rather "jerky".

Don't know exactly what you mean, but you could check out the smooth
scrolling option under Tools->Options->Advanced->Browsing

I hate that "feature" so I don't use it, nor do I intend to try it, but
you might be used to that awful M$ idea. The idiot who invented it ought
to be flogged. Luckily, nowadays you can easily turn it off.

Anyhow...HTH

Q.

Matt O'Toole

Quivis wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>> One aspect seems to be a bit shaky: It seems to me that the
>> vertical scrolling of pages is rather "jerky".

> Don't know exactly what you mean, but you could check out the smooth
> scrolling option under Tools->Options->Advanced->Browsing

I'm using "smooth scrolling" with mine, but it's still a little jerky. I don't
have this problem with Mozilla.

Matt O.