Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > more snow

more snow

PeterN

Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
and think we need more snow.
How to make your image look like it is snowing.

<http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

--
PeterN

Bartolomeo

W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:

> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
> and think we need more snow.
> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>
> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the further
away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller they are and
the slower they're moving.
In conclusion to simulate real snow one should create multiple layers
with different amount of snowflakes size and motion blur on each one.
The more layers the more natural the picture would look.

Tony Cooper

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:30:43 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
>> and think we need more snow.
>> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>>
>> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

>It
>>

>looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
>...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had
>that perfected some time ago.

What's "snow"?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

RichA

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:47:02 PM UTC-5, PeterN wrote:
> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
>
> and think we need more snow.
>
> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>

> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

I'm sorry, you altered the photo. You're FIRED!!

Sandman

In article <lcelgk$evn$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bartolomeo wrote:

> W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:

> > PeterN:
> > Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the
> > ground, and think we need more snow. How to make your image look
> > like it is snowing.

> > <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

> TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
> you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the
> further away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller
> they are and the slower they're moving. In conclusion to simulate
> real snow one should create multiple layers with different amount of
> snowflakes size and motion blur on each one. The more layers the
> more natural the picture would look.

I did my own version of this tutorial here:

http://sandman.net/pages/Skapa_Sno_I_Photoshop?lang=en

I think the end result is better. Maybe not perfect, but could probably
fool some people

--
Sandman[.net]

PeterN

On 1/30/2014 6:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
>> and think we need more snow.
>> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>>
>> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>
>>

> It
>>

> looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
> ...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had that
> perfected some time ago.

<G>

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 1/30/2014 6:48 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:30:43 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2014-01-29 18:47:02 +0000, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>

>>> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
>>> and think we need more snow.
>>> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>>>
>>> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>

>> It
>>>

>> looks like a tutorial on how to add noise.
>> ...but Peter, that shouldn't be anything you need to learn. You had
>> that perfected some time ago.

> What's "snow"?

snow job <> blow job

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 1/30/2014 5:59 PM, Bartolomeo wrote:
> W dniu 2014-01-29 19:47, PeterN pisze:
>>
>> Here is a tutorial for those of us who still have snow on the ground,
>> and think we need more snow.
>> How to make your image look like it is snowing.
>>
>> <http://blog.photoshopcreative.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-realistic-snow-effect-in-photoshop/>
>>

> TBH this looks very fake. Why? Real snow doesn't look like this. If
> you'd analyze a photo taken when snowing you'd notice that the further
> away from the lens there are more snowflakes, the smaller they are and
> the slower they're moving.
> In conclusion to simulate real snow one should create multiple layers
> with different amount of snowflakes size and motion blur on each one.
> The more layers the more natural the picture would look.

Not a bad idea. I have seen tutorials on simulaitng lightning, but have
never been able to reproduce the effect.

--
PeterN