Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web designer arrested for 'stealing' food from dustbins

Web designer arrested for 'stealing' food from dustbins

Tim W

Unbelievable:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...d-skip-iceland

(PeteCresswell)

Per Tim W:
>Unbelievable:
>http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...d-skip-iceland

"...CPS responded this month that the case would go ahead, because "we
feel there is significant public interest in prosecuting these three
individuals"."

I have to wonder if:

- The guys doing it arranged to have themselves reported and,
therefore, arrested

- The prosecutor's "significant public interest" is in helping
the "perpetrators" publicize the issue of food waste.

I'm probably way off base on the second one... but I'm still
wondering about the first.
--
Pete Cresswell

Martin Edwards

On 28/01/2014 23:58, Tim W wrote:
> Unbelievable:
> http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...d-skip-iceland

Iceland has a tiny population and hardly any crime. Perhaps the
authorities were simply bored.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman

Martin Edwards

>>> http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...rged-vagrancy-

> act-food-skip-iceland
>>>

>> Iceland has a tiny population and hardly any crime. Perhaps the
>> authorities were simply bored.

> LOL!
>
> (But are you making a joke, or didn't you understand the event took place
> in London? )

Peccavi, I didn't. I forgot that Iceland is a chain store selling
frozen food.

--

jfaerber172@gmail.com

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:58:51 AM UTC+1, Tim W wrote:
> Unbelievable:
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...d-skip-iceland

the other day they dropped it:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...d-iceland-bins