Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Audacious

Audacious

Tony Cooper

Back to "street" today.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 8:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> Back to "street" today.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg

Interesting woman. I like the reverse vignette, it provides a nice and
different way of separating the subject from the background.

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 8:53 PM, PeterN wrote:
> On 1/25/2014 8:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> Back to "street" today.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg
>>

> Interesting woman. I like the reverse vignette, it provides a nice and
> different way of separating the subject from the background.

sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

--
PeterN

philo

On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> Back to "street" today.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg

Great !!!!!

here are a few I took

wife:

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...40787549_o.jpg

NY @ the Whitney

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...73623079_o.jpg

Tony Cooper

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:03:51 -0600, philo* <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> Back to "street" today.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg
>>

>Great !!!!!
>

>here are a few I took
>

>wife:
>
>https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...40787549_o.jpg

I like that. Normally, for "street", I go for a straight-up black &
white with strong contrast. But, sometimes, I like to try something
different as you have.

On 01/25/2014 10:39 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:03:51 -0600, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>>> Back to "street" today.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg
>>>

>> Great !!!!!
>>

>> here are a few I took
>>

>> wife:
>>
>> https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...40787549_o.jpg
>>

> I like that. Normally, for "street", I go for a straight-up black &
> white with strong contrast. But, sometimes, I like to try something
> different as you have.

I have been using a very old version of ACDsee for many many years.

I rarely do more than make slight gamma, brightness and contrast
adjustments...however I convert quite a few to gray-scale and
occasionally a sepia as I have done for that one.

Not often would I spend more than a minute per photo doing adjustments.

OTOH: On the few occasions where an image needs a lot of work, I just
let my wife do it in Photoshop.

The deal in this house is: She does the difficult software stuff and I
do the hardware.

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 9:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2014-01-26 02:06:30 +0000, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Interesting woman. I like the reverse vignette, it provides a nice and
>>> different way of separating the subject from the background.
>>>

>> sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
>> caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.
>>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

> Damn! Peter! That has got to be the most excruciating technique to fix
> haloes resulting from sharpening. Also that was posted in 2011 and had
> to be made with CS5 & LR3. The new Smart Sharpen algorithm in PS/CC and
> the sharpening in ACR & LR5 are much better tools these days,
> particularly if you apply the tools with a tad restraint.

I don't know the meaning of restraint.
I like to push to, and sometimes past, the limits.

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 10:03 PM, philo wrote:
> On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> Back to "street" today.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...1-25-07-X2.jpg
>>

> Great !!!!!
>

> here are a few I took
>

> wife:
>
> https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...40787549_o.jpg
>

> NY @ the Whitney
>

> https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...73623079_o.jpg

I like 'em both, but for different reasons. Wife, conveys emotion, and
uses a different approach.
The Whitney is a neat abstraction.

--
PeterN

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:10:50 -0500, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 1/25/2014 9:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
>>> caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.
>>>
>>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

>> Damn! Peter! That has got to be the most excruciating technique to fix
>> haloes resulting from sharpening. Also that was posted in 2011 and had
>> to be made with CS5 & LR3. The new Smart Sharpen algorithm in PS/CC and
>> the sharpening in ACR & LR5 are much better tools these days,
>> particularly if you apply the tools with a tad restraint.

>I don't know the meaning of restraint.
>I like to push to, and sometimes past, the limits.

The Duck evidently doesn't understand that not all users of Adobe
products have PS/CC and/or Lightroom.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

philo

On 01/26/2014 10:13 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 1/25/2014 10:03 PM, philo wrote:
>> OX
>>

>> NY @ the Whitney
>>

>> https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...73623079_o.jpg
>>

> I like 'em both, but for different reasons. Wife, conveys emotion, and
> uses a different approach.
> The Whitney is a neat abstraction.

Thanks.

BTW: One of these days my wife plans to do a painting based on a photo
she took in that room.

The museum is in the process of moving to another location
and that special room may not be created again.