Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CC & LR headers hard to read

CC & LR headers hard to read

PeterN

On 1/24/2014 1:31 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:40:52 -0500, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 1/24/2014 11:36 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>>> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:57:10 -0500, "Mayayana"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> You've inserted a delimiter above the text in this post, and that
>>> deletes the text in your post. First time I've seen you do that.
>>>
>>> However, I copy/pasted to get your text:

>>> I hadn't thought of that. I usually use progressive
>>> selection of similar, contiguous areas to separate an
>>> object from background. ("magic wand") I would expect
>>> that to be easier than a pen in most cases; like with
>>> your statue, where the object and background are clearly
>>> defined from each other in terms of color and lightness.
>>> But selection can be very tedious in some cases.
>>>
>>> I have never mastered the pen tool. It's the least-usable tool in the
>>> toolbox for me. The Magic Wand is not good for isolating something
>>> like the statue. Too much clean-up is required because the MW leaves
>>> pixels.

>> Have you tried refine edge?
>>
>> <http://www.photoshop.com/tutorials?keywords=refine%2520edge&sort=relevance& product=ps&category=tutorial&difficulty=all>
>>
>> there are tons of tutorials on the subject.

> This is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" things. I can
> make a selection, as I did with the statue, so fast and easy using the
> technique that I listed here that I'm not really interested in other
> ways of doing it.
>
> I have worked with "refine edge", but it shrinks/enlarges the entire
> selection. Usually, when using a Layer Mask and a brush, there are
> bits here and bits there that show the background that should be
> deleted. I find it better just to zoom in on those bits and go back
> with the brush.

I find it easier to use ReMask. One of the good things about PS is that
there are several ways of doing things. One of the way you and I differ,
is that I sometimes like to play with different tools. I get bored doing
htings the same way, (in Photoshop.)

--
PeterN