Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Destroys my Computer

Reply
Thread Tools

Firefox Destroys my Computer

 
 
margon21@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2004
In addition to destroying my computer, firefox did an estimated
$17.000 damage to my home when my computer burst into flames, only
minutes after installing it. The computer was destroyed and my home
office caught on fire. Fortunately I was able to put out most of the
fire with a home extinguisher, before firefighters arrived. Most of
the fire damage was contained in the office room, but the entire house
sufferred from heavy smoke damage.

Now I know why it was named Firefox !!!

Lawsuites are pending

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nicolas Chevreux
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2004
Hello,

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in an email dated 06/Nov/04 11:25:
> In addition to destroying my computer,


Almost the same thing happened to me last week. I installed Mozilla, and
a huge green dinosaur fell from the sky, crushing my computer. Man, was
I lucky to escape.

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam
www.adnoiseam.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hardy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:25:34 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>In addition to destroying my computer, firefox did an estimated
>$17.000 damage to my home when my computer burst into flames, only
>minutes after installing it.


Nothing has happened to me yet - almost a week after installing Firefox.

However, thanks for the warning.

I'm wearing a hard hat now, and the garden hose is right next to my computer.
(I used to be a Boy Scout - "Always Prepared".)
BTW, I'm keeping my Viagra handy too, just in case . . . .
 
Reply With Quote
 
MLC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2004
_Hardy_, sabato 06/nov/2004:

> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:25:34 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>In addition to destroying my computer, firefox did an estimated
>>$17.000 damage to my home when my computer burst into flames, only
>>minutes after installing it.

>
> Nothing has happened to me yet - almost a week after installing Firefox.
>
> However, thanks for the warning.
>
> I'm wearing a hard hat now, and the garden hose is right next to my computer.
> (I used to be a Boy Scout - "Always Prepared".)


We said "Estote parati", in Latin

> BTW, I'm keeping my Viagra handy too, just in case . . . .


Well, Hardy, with your nick you shouldn't need it!
--
Maria Luisa C - 06/11/2004 20.09.49
 
Reply With Quote
 
Simon Kellett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2004

> Almost the same thing happened to me last week. I installed Mozilla,
> and a huge green dinosaur fell from the sky, crushing my
> computer. Man, was I lucky to escape.


That is why it is safer to installed Gnome
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leif K-Brooks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2004
Simon Kellett wrote:
>>Almost the same thing happened to me last week. I installed Mozilla,
>>and a huge green dinosaur fell from the sky, crushing my
>>computer. Man, was I lucky to escape.

>
> That is why it is safer to installed Gnome


Careful, those little guys can bite hard!
 
Reply With Quote
 
sweetpea@none.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 09:42:37 -0500, Hardy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:25:34 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>In addition to destroying my computer, firefox did an estimated
>>$17.000 damage to my home when my computer burst into flames, only
>>minutes after installing it.

>
>Nothing has happened to me yet - almost a week after installing Firefox.
>
>However, thanks for the warning.
>
>I'm wearing a hard hat now, and the garden hose is right next to my computer.
>(I used to be a Boy Scout - "Always Prepared".)
>BTW, I'm keeping my Viagra handy too, just in case . . . .


Yeah, but keep the viagra away from your hard drive. It could end up
getting TOO HARD !!!! And remember, if your hard drive is still hard
after 4 hours, call the doctor.

 
Reply With Quote
 
yes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2004


> Lawsuites are pending


I hope you've hired a good decorator to furnish those suites.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve Franklin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2004

"yes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
:
: > Lawsuites are pending
:
: I hope you've hired a good decorator to furnish those suites.

Personally, I just stick with Scandinavian and Japanese. You can't go wrong.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clipboard.setContents destroys clipboard.getContents? spunibard@gmail.com Java 2 03-02-2007 07:52 PM
aspnet_regiis.exe -ir -enable destroys perf counters? Stefan Kuhr ASP .Net 2 11-21-2006 08:33 AM
Programmatic OleDB access destroys current Session daver@csh.rit.edu ASP .Net 6 06-30-2005 10:12 AM
Floppy drive destroys disks Kevin Computer Support 4 12-22-2004 04:32 AM
Install of SP1 to WinXP Pro destroys dual boot function of Win98/WinXPsystem Richard Owlett Computer Support 5 07-27-2004 07:49 AM



Advertisments