Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Extensions Downloads Compatible with Firefox 1.0

Extensions Downloads Compatible with Firefox 1.0

Reg Mouatt

Was recently looking for an upgrade for Tiny URL and in the process
discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
Think it might come in handy.
Reg

Leonidas Jones

Reg Mouatt wrote:
> Was recently looking for an upgrade for Tiny URL and in the process
> discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
> Think it might come in handy.
> Reg

Is there really a need to replace:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...pic=1037&st=0&

with a tinyurl? I only ask because many people are leary of shortened
urls. While your motives are clearly good, for all we know, it could be
a porn site, a site infested with malware, or some such.

I have always recommended that shortened urls be used only when
absolutely necessary.

Lee

Reg Mouatt

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:48:43 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Reg Mouatt wrote:
>> Was recently looking for an upgrade for Tiny URL and in the process
>> discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
>> Think it might come in handy.
>> Reg

>Is there really a need to replace:
>
>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...pic=1037&st=0&
>
>with a tinyurl? I only ask because many people are leary of shortened
>urls. While your motives are clearly good, for all we know, it could be
>a porn site, a site infested with malware, or some such.
>
>I have always recommended that shortened urls be used only when
>absolutely necessary.
>
>Lee

Hi Lee,
To tell the truth, the thought had not crossed my mind but thank
you for putting the point.
Reg