Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More people realizing EVF's are better than optical viewfinders

More people realizing EVF's are better than optical viewfinders

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > same reason they make extension tubes and bellows and close-up lenses
> > and stacking rings. one solution does not fit all problems.

> Which brings up that autofocus is of no use with bellows.

nobody said it was.

> As I
> originally said, I and oany other experienced macro photographers do not
> rely on autofocus.

i didn't say they did. what i said was macro was an edge case. it
requires special lenses and/or other equipment, such as bellows.

> Why are you changing the subject.

i'm not, however, you clearly are.

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 2:41 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> same reason they make extension tubes and bellows and close-up lenses
>>> and stacking rings. one solution does not fit all problems.

>> Which brings up that autofocus is of no use with bellows.

> nobody said it was.
>
>> As I
>> originally said, I and oany other experienced macro photographers do not
>> rely on autofocus.

> i didn't say they did. what i said was macro was an edge case. it
> requires special lenses and/or other equipment, such as bellows.

Therefore, bird photography is also an edge case, since it requires
special lenses. (Telephoto, and/or teleconverters.

Good landscape photography is not done with autofocus, but relies on
hyperfocal focusing for the hyperfocal distance. I that also an edge case.

>> Why are you changing the subject.

> i'm not, however, you clearly are.

The subject was autofocus. Just where have I changed that.
BTW you still have not defined your set, as I previously requested.
therefore, we are assuming my set of data is accurate.

--
PeterN

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Good landscape photography is not done with autofocus, but relies on
> hyperfocal focusing for the hyperfocal distance. I that also an edge case.

hyperfocal distance proves my initial point.

you're actually agreeing with me, yet you argue.

you made a career out of arguing, so why stop now.

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 3:02 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Good landscape photography is not done with autofocus, but relies on
>> hyperfocal focusing for the hyperfocal distance. I that also an edge case.

> hyperfocal distance proves my initial point.
>
> you're actually agreeing with me, yet you argue.
>
> you made a career out of arguing, so why stop now.

WHAAT!

YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE WTF YOU ARE SAYING.

I raised the hyperfocal point in response to your comment that in
landscape photography just set the focal length to infinity, and you
called in an edge case.
Amazing.

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 1/25/2014 9:46 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:02:04 -0500, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Good landscape photography is not done with autofocus, but relies on
>>> hyperfocal focusing for the hyperfocal distance. I that also an edge case.

>> hyperfocal distance proves my initial point.

> Just pulling technical terms such as "hyperfocal distance" out of the
> So far you haven't explained although I expect you will say that you
> already have.

This guy is amazing. I mention a use where autofocus is not used, he
claims that is an "edge case," and then he states my point, and accuses
me of arguing for the sake of arguing. I doubt if there will be a
coherent response.