Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: PS CC update

Re: PS CC update

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN wrote:

> > > PeterN:
> > > So your original comment had no factual basis

> > Sandman:
> > What original comment, Peter? The one where I said I had waited
> > for the fatures announced in this thread? It was very much
> > factual.

> Is a facture a Swedish broken bone?

I missed an "e" in the word "features", and Peter - determnined to be the
biggest troll in the group - obviously thought a spelling flame was the
only valid response.

Ironically, he couldn't even succeed in such a simple task as a spelling
flame, and misspelled the word again, now as "facture". Karma's a bitch.

> > > PeterN:
> > > and you just spouted.

> > Sandman:
> > That's your job, isn't it? I mean, this post from yours is a good
> > example. No content, no point.

> I guess you took over my job.

Wow, worst comeback ever. Reminds me of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAnmnS0-9g

--
Sandman[.net]

PeterN

On 1/21/2014 7:30 AM, Sandman wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN wrote:
>
>>> PeterN Re: PS CC update 01/19/2014 <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>> "The features were hard to miss, if you actually used the
>>> product."

>>> Without, you know, actually explaining just HOW they were
>>> supposedly "hard to miss" when using the program. There is no
>>> information when launching the application that new features were
>>> added (like there, ironically, is in Adobe Illustrator), but still
>>> he wanted to make it seem like it was actually *hard* to miss them
>>> - by just using the application. Another lie from Peter, as usual.

>>> Full circle, now run away little boy.

>> You got caught, and am embarrassed.

> Wtf? About what? That I didn't know about these features? Why would that
> embarass me? While you may have your self esteem tied to knwoing about
> features in software applications, I do not. I was pleasantly surprised to
> find out that they existed and my "embarassement" musy have been me gladly
> admitting to having missed them as such:
>
> "Which I, obviously, have missed. Or rather, that's how I
> found out about them - here in this thread."
>
> Yeah, I sure sound embarrassed there, Peter. The shame, the shame!
>
>> Oh Poor Jonas, can't wiggle out from his bullshit.

> Haha, what supposed "bullshit" is that, Peter? You're just here to make as
> many ad hominem's as possible without actually supporting any of them. You
> keep crying "spouting" and "bullshit" without even quoting anything! You're
> one of the most underachieving trolls I've yet to meet.
>
>> Of course he calls me a troll for pointing that the newly discovered
>> features would have been obvious to anyone who actually used CC on a
>> daily basis, as claimed.

> Indeed - since you can't form a coherent post where you actually point out
> HOW they would have been obvious - you're way too busy trolling than
> actually supporting your claims.
>
>> Now that you got caught in a red handed lie, you try to crawl out. Poor
>> Jonas. Crawl back under your bridge in the Western Baltic.

> You see, when I call you a liar - I actually point to the actual
> misinformation you have posted, explaining what you lied about. You use it
> when you can't come up with an actual argument. You do it to attack, I do
> it to expose your misinformation and lack of credibility. Trust me - I
> would much prefer it if you weren't a lying troll.
>
> Here's a challenge for you - in your next post; outline how these features
> are exposed *in the program* in a way where they are *hard to miss*.
>
> For instance, new features in Illustrator are seen as videos in a splash
> screen when you start the application. That's a great example of new
> features being hard to miss.
>
> Or... run away as usual. It's not like you have the wits to participate in
> anything resembling a discussion containing arguments and debate.

Yup. That's a known fact.

Keep following the troll's book of reason.
When caught, try to attack the one who catches you.
And say anything to distract attention from stupid comments.

--
PeterN

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, PeterN wrote:

> > Or... run away as usual. It's not like you have the wits to
> > participate in anything resembling a discussion containing
> > arguments and debate.

> Yup. That's a known fact.

Indeed.

> Keep following the troll's book of reason. When caught, try to
> attack the one who catches you. And say anything to distract
> attention from stupid comments.

First step is enlightenment, very good Peter. Now you just have to find the
strength to act like an adult and break this pattern.

Challenge... failed.

--
Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:22:23 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> [...]

>>> : > > > > Camera Raw as a filter, nice!
>>> : > > >
>>> : > > > PeterN:
>>> : > > > Those two features, (shake reduction and ACR as a filter, have
>>> : > > > been included since at least last November. Didn't you use the
>>> : > > > program, or did you just have it and not use it.
>>> : > >
>>> : > > Sandman:
>>> : > > If they wre included since November (and it's not like I'd take
>>> : > > *your* word for it, Peter), then I've just missed it.
>>> : >
>>> : > The features were hard to miss, if you actually used the product.
>>> :
>>> : That's an odd claim to make. Do you mean the features were visually obvious
>>> : whenever the user started Photoshop? As in a splash screen with "NEW NEW!!!
>>> : Don't miss!!!", or what exactly made the features *hard* to miss. If you're
>>> : missing a leg in the morning, that's pretty hard to miss when you try to
>>> : stand up, but if you're missing a lot of hair fro the back of your head,
>>> : that's pretty easy to miss.
>>> :
>>> : I use Photoshop on a daily basis, by the way. Added features aren't
>>> : announced inside the program, so if they're added, they're pretty *easy* to
>>> : miss unless you're looking for them, or know to lock for them.
>>>
>>> I'm not even a Photoshop user, and I remember the Usual Suspects discussing
>>> the "RAW as a filter" feature some time ago in this very newsgroup (or r.p.d,
>>> which all of us read just as regularly). If you missed that, you just weren't
>>> paying attention.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> Yup!
>> Discussed and/or mentioned in both groups. Along with the "Upright
>> Filter", "Adaptive Wide Angle", and various "Content Aware" features.

>What I fail to understand in this sub-thread argument which resulted
>from me shining a light on the latest PS features; is why Jonas
>upgraded from CS6 to CC if he didn't research what the move to CC would
>give him.
>Personally, I would have been more than happy to stick with PS CS6
>along with an upgrade from LR4 to LR5, until I calculated that the
>$10/month promotional deal was a far better deal than being stuck on
>the Adobe upgrade treadmill. Getting the new features found in PS CC,
>and being able to see what they do, has just been well worth taking
>that step. I did my research and found out about features I would gain
>in the move from CS6. To do that effectively I had to know what I had
>in PS CS6 to start with.
>
>Also, it has always been worthwhile keeping one's ear to the ground
>when it comes to Photoshop development, especially if there is a
>particular feature on one's wish list. The sources of such information
>start with Adobe and are well supplemented by NAPP and Photoshop User,
>and the various Kelby sites such as Kelbytv.com and all it has to offer.

While I normally consider Jonas to be a monumental PIA in this
newsgroup, who contributes nothing of value, the fact that he has
overlooked the introduction of some new features is, in my opinion,
inconsequential.

All of us have downloaded and installed some program, somewhere along
the line, where we are not familiar with all the bells and all the
whistles of the program. There are probably features in CS6 that date
back to much earlier versions of PS that I've never got around to
noticing.

You tend to notice things when you *need* them. There are, for
example, people who use advanced versions of PS/CS who have never
ventured into the LAB mode. They will when they read something about
the advantages of working in LAB for some particular function...like
sharpening.

You know Jonas. These posts on this subject will just prompt him to
deluge us with posts about why it's not his fault. Nothing will be
learned. It's not in his character to just say "Oh, I missed that"
and let the subject drop.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:18:19 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>> You know Jonas. These posts on this subject will just prompt him to
>> deluge us with posts about why it's not his fault. Nothing will be
>> learned. It's not in his character to just say "Oh, I missed that"
>> and let the subject drop.

>...but why buy something if you don't know what is in the package?

Don't we all? I purchased an iPhone, but I purchased it for the
features I knew about and wanted. There are undoubtedly features
incorporated in the phone that I'm not interested in. There are icons
representing "features" that I've never opened. It may surprise me
later to find out I can do something with the phone I don't know about
now, but I'm not going to carry on about it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:40:41 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2014-01-21 19:50:08 +0000, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> ...but why buy something if you don't know what is in the package?

>> Don't we all? I purchased an iPhone, but I purchased it for the
>> features I knew about and wanted. There are undoubtedly features
>> incorporated in the phone that I'm not interested in. There are icons
>> representing "features" that I've never opened. It may surprise me
>> later to find out I can do something with the phone I don't know about
>> now, but I'm not going to carry on about it.

>That is certainly an option you and Jonas can employ with anything you buy.
>
>Perhaps I am a little more obsessive when it comes to knowing the
>features of stuff I buy. I know why I bought my iPhone when I replaced
>my Android phone, and I want to know its potential, and what apps and
>features I might find useful.
>So I have a very good idea of what I can do with it, I try to learn
>what each feature does even though I might not have a specific use for
>a particular feature.
>When it comes to iDevice apps, I research those apps/features which
>support some of things which have stirred my interest. The same is true
>of my iPad. I am inquisitive when it comes to apps for both of devices.
>When it comes to software such as PS and/or LR, I have a considerable
>investment and I am curious as to what its full potential is, and once
>more that includes features I might never use, but I know they exist.
>
>Then when it comes to major purchases such as my car. I want to know
>each and every feature available to me. With my E350 I want to know how
>the GPS functions, and how to use it even though I am not going to use
>it on a daily basis (I know how to get from my home to the local shops
>and the locations I am familiar with). I want to know how to pair my
>phone to the bluetooth system in my car. I want to know how to make
>various user changes to the car's systems, and I do, even though most
>everything is left with the default settings. I want to know where the
>jack points are on my car, and I do because I have read the manual.

Obsess all you want, but it is really necessary to obsess here?

I'm quite capable of figuring out what I need to know, or am
interesting in knowing, when it suits me. I'm sure our Swedish
Popinjay is equally capable.

While you may be curious about all those icons, the icon for this
particular subject should be based on this:

http://onvoyage.net/wordpress/wp-con...g-the-road.jpg

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman

In article <2014012107222395038-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

> What I fail to understand in this sub-thread argument which resulted
> from me shining a light on the latest PS features; is why Jonas
> upgraded from CS6 to CC if he didn't research what the move to CC
> would give him.

Huh? I upgraded when CC was available just because I liked that solution
for paying for the software. I didn't do it due to some special features
found only in CC - as far as I remember, there were no feature difference
between CS6 and CC in the beginning, or rather, no big feature changes.

> Personally, I would have been more than happy to stick with PS CS6 along
> with an upgrade from LR4 to LR5, until I calculated that the $10/month
> promotional deal was a far better deal than being stuck on the Adobe
> upgrade treadmill. Getting the new features found in PS CC, and being
> able to see what they do, has just been well worth taking that step. I
> did my research and found out about features I would gain in the move
> from CS6. To do that effectively I had to know what I had in PS CS6 to
> start with.

Fair enough. I've always used the entire suite (Master Collection) and CC
just made financial sense.

> Also, it has always been worthwhile keeping one's ear to the ground
> when it comes to Photoshop development, especially if there is a
> particular feature on one's wish list.

True enough. I haven't kept up to date, that's rather obvious. But to be
fair - I use Photoshop mainly for web design, and it's not until this
january update (which you posted about in this thread) that there was a
feature that applied to that workflow. I would have probably missed it had
you not posted about it though.

> The sources of such information start with Adobe and are well
> supplemented by NAPP and Photoshop User, and the various Kelby sites such
> as Kelbytv.com and all it has to offer.

I don't follow any of them. Maybe I should, but I don't. I'm fine with
learning about new features in rate I currently am

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tony Cooper wrote:

> While I normally consider Jonas to be a monumental PIA in this
> newsgroup, who contributes nothing of value, the fact that he has
> overlooked the introduction of some new features is, in my opinion,
> inconsequential.

> All of us have downloaded and installed some program, somewhere
> along the line, where we are not familiar with all the bells and all
> the whistles of the program. There are probably features in CS6
> that date back to much earlier versions of PS that I've never got
> around to noticing.

> You tend to notice things when you *need* them. There are, for
> example, people who use advanced versions of PS/CS who have never
> ventured into the LAB mode. They will when they read something
> about the advantages of working in LAB for some particular
> function...like sharpening.

> You know Jonas. These posts on this subject will just prompt him to
> deluge us with posts about why it's not his fault. Nothing will be
> learned. It's not in his character to just say "Oh, I missed that"
> and let the subject drop.

And here Tony comes, to troll and lie some more. He probably even saw this
very post and just had to ignore it to attack me:

Sandman
Re: PS CC update
01/20/2014 <(E-Mail Removed)>

"Which I, obviously, have missed. Or rather, that's how I
found out about them - here in this thread."

I would have been fine by letting the subject drop there, Tony, but your
troll buddy Peter wanted to drag on with it, adding lies and more trolling
to the mix. It's what you guys do - take a simple post and a simple thread
and turn it into a circus. Here we had me and Savageduck discussing why and
how it came to be that I missed this information, having just a casual
conversation where it is quite obvious that I was fortcoming about the fact
that I had missed the information - not at all claiming it was "not my
fault", contrary to your lies above.

But then Peter comes in again, probably drunk or something, and sytarts
claiming that I was "caught", that I "spouted" (something, I don't know
what) and that my "bullshit" was exposed.

He didn't, just like you, actually *support* any of those claims, because -
haha - you guys don't need to do THAT, you just have to make claims and
then that's it!

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <2014012109181994234-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

> > Tony Cooper:
> > While I normally consider Jonas to be a monumental PIA in this
> > newsgroup, who contributes nothing of value, the fact that he has
> > overlooked the introduction of some new features is, in my
> > opinion, inconsequential.

> Except that some of the features he has wished for and missed, have
> been available since july 2013. It is good that he has finally been
> made aware of their existence.

It is, indeed.

> > Tony Cooper:
> > All of us have downloaded and installed some program, somewhere
> > along the line, where we are not familiar with all the bells and
> > all the whistles of the program. There are probably features in
> > CS6 that date back to much earlier versions of PS that I've never
> > got around to noticing.

> Yup! There are plenty of PS CS6/CC features I do not use, but I am
> aware of their existence in the various PS versions. Many times my
> justification for an upgrade has been a new feature I thought I
> might benefit from. Sometimes ignoring an upgrade has been because a
> new feature was one I would never use.

I really can't remember any PS features that prompted me to upgrade. I'm
one of those guys that usually always have the latest version of my main
applications all the time. Not because I need/want all the new features,
but because I don't want to find myself one day not having access to a
feature because I've yet to upgrade. WIth CC, this process has become even
more fluid so to speak.

I think layer effects may have been a feature that, when announced, made me
wait for it to be available so I could upgrade to it. I'm sure there may be
others, I just can't think of any at the moment.

> > Tony Cooper:
> > You know Jonas. These posts on this subject will just prompt him
> > to deluge us with posts about why it's not his fault. Nothing
> > will be learned. It's not in his character to just say "Oh, I
> > missed that" and let the subject drop.

> ...but why buy something if you don't know what is in the package?

The move from CS6 to CC was just for convenience, not because CC contained
new features.

--
Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:34:44 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2014-01-21 22:28:33 +0000, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:40:41 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> That is certainly an option you and Jonas can employ with anything you buy.
>>>
>>> Perhaps I am a little more obsessive when it comes to knowing the
>>> features of stuff I buy. I know why I bought my iPhone when I replaced
>>> my Android phone, and I want to know its potential, and what apps and
>>> features I might find useful.
>>> So I have a very good idea of what I can do with it, I try to learn
>>> what each feature does even though I might not have a specific use for
>>> a particular feature.
>>> When it comes to iDevice apps, I research those apps/features which
>>> support some of things which have stirred my interest. The same is true
>>> of my iPad. I am inquisitive when it comes to apps for both of devices.
>>> When it comes to software such as PS and/or LR, I have a considerable
>>> investment and I am curious as to what its full potential is, and once
>>> more that includes features I might never use, but I know they exist.
>>>
>>> Then when it comes to major purchases such as my car. I want to know
>>> each and every feature available to me. With my E350 I want to know how
>>> the GPS functions, and how to use it even though I am not going to use
>>> it on a daily basis (I know how to get from my home to the local shops
>>> and the locations I am familiar with). I want to know how to pair my
>>> phone to the bluetooth system in my car. I want to know how to make
>>> various user changes to the car's systems, and I do, even though most
>>> everything is left with the default settings. I want to know where the
>>> jack points are on my car, and I do because I have read the manual.

>> Obsess all you want, but it is really necessary to obsess here?

>Apparently not.
>
>> I'm quite capable of figuring out what I need to know, or am
>> interesting in knowing, when it suits me. I'm sure our Swedish
>> Popinjay is equally capable.
>>
>> While you may be curious about all those icons, the icon for this
>> particular subject should be based on this:
>>
>> http://onvoyage.net/wordpress/wp-con...g-the-road.jpg

>It
>>

>took you 48 minutes to find a photographic metaphor, or did you have it handy?

Wha? It took me seconds. I guess you assume I read your posts
immediately after you post them. I don't.

Today is "Clean the garage day". I've been working out there and
taking the occasional break to come back and in check mail, forums,
and newsgroups.

The garage will never be "clean", but the objective today was to be
able to walk around it unimpeded and to clear off the workbench and a
worktable I have set up. Mission accomplished. Tomorrow, the garage
cabinets. Maybe.

Off the subject...yesterday I stopped at Best Buy to look at a video
camera for the grandchildren to use. My way out of the lot was
blocked by a dozen or more police cars. Someone was shot and killed
on the street in front of Best Buy.

I finally exited through a back route, but my way home was again
blocked a couple of miles away. The shooter had been in a wreck after
being chased by the police. Someone phoned in the make, model, and
license plate.

I was tempted to get out and shoot some photographs, but it seemed
kind ghoulish to do so.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL